Modified on: Mon, 29 Apr, 2019 at 12:27 PM.
Open a new window or tab on your web browser, go to https://dashboard.meraki.com and log in.
Step 1: Follow these easy steps to configure your APP
- Select your Wi-Fi network
- Go to Network-wide, click on General, scroll until Location and scanning menù.
- Enable “Analytics” and “Scanning API” from the drop down menù. Two new elements will appear: Validator and Add a Post URL link, click on it.
- Copy Validator code from Meraki Dashboard and paste it in the APP Validator field in this page.
- Copy App generated URL by clicking on the Copy icon at the end of the URL field in this page.
- Return to Meraki Dashboard and paste the URL into the Post URL field.WATCH OUT: select 2.0 from API VERSION dropdown menu.
- Now write a secret word at your leisure.
- Click on validate button and save configuration.
- Insert the word your secret word in the proper field in this page.
- Validate Meraki Post URL and check message that appears, it should report “Validated”. If not, double check the key, url and secret
- When successfully validated, Save Meraki configuration
- Select the layer you prefer to use (map or upload custom image).
- If you use a Map as base layer, insert coordinates to centre the map quicky and more precise.
- Save APP configuration.