Modified on: Mon, 26 Mar, 2019 at 9:00 AM.
Open a new window or tab on your web browser, go to https://dashboard.meraki.com and log in.
Step 1: Follow these easy steps to configure your APP
Follow these easy steps in order to properly configure the APP.
- Login into Meraki dashboard.
- Select your WiFi network.
- Go to Network-wide, click on General, scroll until Location and scanning menù.
- Enable “Analytics” and “Scanning API” from the drop down menù. Two new elements will appear: Validator and Add a Post URL link, click on it.
- Copy Validator code from Meraki Dashboard and paste it in the APP Validator field in this page.
- Copy App generated URL by clicking on the Copy icon at the end of the URL field in this page.
- Return to Meraki Dashboard and paste the URL into the Post URL field.
WATCH OUT: select 2.0 from API VERSION dropdown
- menu. Now write a secret word at your leisure.
- Click on validate button and save configuration.
- Insert the word your secret word in the proper field in this page.
- Validate Meraki Post URL and check message that appears, it should report “Validated”. If not, double check the key, url and secret word.
- When successfully validated, Save Meraki configuration
- Select the layer you prefer to use (map or upload custom image).
- If you use a Map as base layer, insert coordinates to centre the map quicky and more precise.
- Save APP configuration.
Wait for data collection to start and view on the map the Wi-Fi Coverage Survey.